Friday, August 3, 2012

Goan Adventures - Naturals Icecream


So finally am back after a long long break. Yes, I have been to places in between and it's been almost 5 months since am in Goa. Do I sense a surprise? Yes, Goa, place where everyone wants to be on their vacation and well am living here and life's been a lot more than a vacation. Hehe...

Well since now that am a regular at Goa and since most of the tourist spots of Goa are massively covered by various blogs I have decided to talk about my usual eat outs and places that make my day here.

I have a long list of places I need to talk about but am going to start with the first one I visited as a new bride in Goa!

Yes, I moved here with my husband who happens to be in the Indian Navy and as we landed on a hot summer day and I was suffering from food poisoning right after the wedding ghumna ghamna, we decided to take it light and indulge only in my favorite, something that I simply can't say no to, and that's ice cream! So off we go to Natural's. Yes, the Mumbai wala Natural's. They have a few outlets in Goa as well. And we have a strong emotional attachment with Natural's as our first so called date was at Natural's. Hehe.. Good old days!

Well http://www.naturalicecreams.in/ has a long story of how they made it large. For me, it's their flavors. Lovely fruity, natural, no food colors. Some of my favorites being tender coconut, sitaphal, chikoo. You will even find combinations like Papaya pineapple! One of the all time hits for us was the thandai flavor launched close to Holi. But it was a flavor for a week sort of thing...

There were times when we used to hit the store almost thrice a day and with nothing less than two scoops each. And they used to be such a relief in the Goan summers. Soon the staff knew the moment we would park our car and be ready to welcome us. Though with the incessant rains in Goa our visits have gone down but it still remains a hot favorite and no trip to Vasco (closest from our house) ends without a trip to Naturals!

Seasonal Sensations

All-time Favourites

Some yummy pics at display

The cone tower

One of my favorites : Watermelon

Some more flavors


Place where I usually sit to enjoy my ice cream

That's me in the mirror!

Now! let me eat my ice-cream look!
My husband and I...
                                              


No comments:

Post a Comment